Please follow the steps provided below if you are receiving this error message while attempting to launch the game:
Perform a selective startup and ensure that all other programs, browsers, etc are closed before attempting to relaunch the game.
Selective Startup Configuration:
- Hold down the "Windows Key" and the "R" button
- In the run prompt, type in "msconfig"
- In the configuration window, on the General tab, make sure that "Selective Startup" is selected
- In the Services tab, the bottom left-hand corner should have a "Hide all Microsoft Services" option, please check this. Or you can press "Alt + H" to auto check.
- On the right-hand side, click on "Disable all"
- Click on "Apply" and then "Save"
***To revert the selective startup up change for any reason - Open up the "msconfig" menu again, on the General tab - select the "Normal Startup" option. Select apply, then save, and restart.
If the above suggestion does not work for you, please try performing a repair installation for your game client:
The detailed steps can be found here: Having an issue? Repair your game files!
If you are launching your game through the NEXON LAUNCHER:
- Open up your Nexon Launcher
- Click on the game page and click on the "gear" icon to open up your Game Settings.
- Click on "Game Configure" in the sidebar of the Nexon Launcher Settings.
- Select "MapleStory 2" as the game.
- Click on the "Repair Installation" button. When you click on Repair Installation you will receive a message that will ask if you wish to continue. Click 'OK'.
If you are launching your game through STEAM:
- Open up your Steam Library
- Right click on "MapleStory 2" and click "Properties"
- In Properties, click on the "Local Files" tab.
- To perform the repair installation, click "Verify Integrity of Game Files..."
- Once clicked, the validation process will begin and any missing files will be reacquired!
If this does not resolve your issue, please submit a request with a copy of your dxdiag for us to review:
Creating a DirectX Diagnostic (dxdiag) file
- Open a Run window by simultaneously pressing the "Windows" and "R" keys on your keyboard.
- Type "dxdiag" and press "Enter" or click "OK".
- Select the option "Save All Information" which should be near the bottom right of the DirectX Diagnostic window. Select any location for the file but remember where it is for the fourth step and save this file as a Text File (*.txt).